TBCC staff clinician
The Trinity Boston Counseling Center (TBCC) is looking for experienced licensed mental health per diem clinicians to join our dynamic and fast-growing outpatient center. TBCC is a part of the Trinity Boston Connects subsidiary of the Trinity Church of Boston. TBCC’s Outpatient Center mission is to provide holistic, restorative, culturally competent, trauma informed and/or spiritually informed individual, group, and family therapy in support of youth and youth workers. Emphasis is placed on the provision of therapy and professional development training to adults working with youth in urban communities dealing with systemic racism, poverty, and community violence.
A successful Staff Clinician would be a highly motivated individual who believes in our mission and is committed to the areas of social justice and anti-racism in addressing cultural mental health disparities. We are looking for clinicians experienced in one or all the following: trauma, spirituality, multi-cultural issues, acculturation issues, restorative circles, and grief & loss. Must be a licensed LMHC, LICSW, Ph.D or Psy.D in psychology and have a minimum of 4 years experience providing individual, couples, group, and/or family therapy.
- Clinic based services:
- • Integrate spiritually informed clinical practice as requested by individual clients
- • Perform agency’s assessment based on bio-psycho-social-spiritual model and DSM 5 diagnoses
- • Create treatment plans based on a client-centered, strengths-based approach
- • Provide case management, consult with collateral contacts, and maintain relationships with other service providers as needed
- • Maintain accurate and timely client documentation and records in accordance with billing requirements, agency standards of excellence, and HIPAA requirements
- • Provide crisis management, risk assessment, safety planning, and mandated reporting as needed
- • Carry case load of 8-10 clients
- • Attend clinical staff meetings 1-2 times per month
- Skills and Qualifications
- • Must be a licensed LMHC, LICSW, Ph.D or Psy.D in psychology with a current license to practice independently as a mental health professional in the state of Massachusetts
- • Carry independent liability insurance
- • Minimum of four years’ experience in individual, couples/family, and/or group psychotherapy with adolescents and adults
- • Experience with electronic records
- • Reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and a systems-thinker
- • Strong clinical assessment and clinical writing skills
- • Experience providing clinical support to youth and/or youth workers with a particular interest in the provision of services to populations of color
- • A commitment to social justice and the common good: bridging barriers of race, class and gender, and holding our clients’ challenging life experiences with a dual mandate to work towards systemic change within society and address mental health disparities.
- • A framework of spiritually informed practice that compels us to encounter the whole person: mind, body, and spirit
Benefits: Why would I join Trinity outside of doing individual or group practice?
- • Ongoing free or discounted professional development opportunities
- • Being part of a community that shares values and commit to wellness, trauma informed care, restorative justice, and racial equity
- • Opportunities to supervise and support clinicians in the field
- • Opportunity to learn and provide community-based wellness and clinical support to adults who work with youth (e.g. teachers, youth outreach workers, DCF workers, City Year etc.).
- • EHR support and Admin support around scheduling and in building caseload client including telemental health feature
- • Flexible hours & opportunity to work evenings and on Saturday as a per diem hire
- • We are a non-profit that qualifies for the FedLoan servicing Public Service Loan Forgiveness program https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
• Hourly rate: $40+
• Cancelation/no show policy – Our policy is for clients to cover the cost of cancellations that occur in less than 24hours of their scheduled session. Therefore, clinicians would be compensated for late cancellations.
• Non-exempt position
• Not eligible for employee benefits. Please note that, as a religious organization, Trinity Church does not pay into the MA unemployment system. As an employee of Trinity Church, you are ineligible for unemployment insurance payments.
• This is a part time position with no benefits.
• Job Type: Per Diem
The mission of the Trinity Boston Foundation is to unlock opportunity and change the odds for the youth of Boston. In partnership, we build communities that affirm, inspire and empower youth and their families; offer holistic support for physical, emotional and spiritual well–being; and strengthen community health and cohesion across Boston. Trinity Boston Foundation, with a current staff of 20, is a separately incorporated subsidiary of Trinity Church Boston. Our programs honor and respect individuals of all faith traditions and those without a faith tradition. In addition to TBCC, they include
TEEP (Trinity Education for Excellence Program): a six-year leadership development, character formation and college access program that engages youth and their families. Sole Train: Boston Runs Together: a non-competitive running and mentoring program that builds a safe and inclusive community to support youth and mentors as they train for and complete a half-marathon.
To submit your application, please visit Indeed here:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls or hard copies, please. TBC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color.
© 2021 Trinity Boston Connects, Inc. | All Rights Reserved