associate director, clinical care
Title: Associate Director, Clinical Care
Status: Non-exempt, Full Time Employee (40 hours a week)
Reports To: Director of Clinical Care
Salary: $65,000+ annually + $1,000 signing bonus + generous benefits
Trinity Boston Connects (TBC), a respected social justice nonprofit, is seeking a licensed Associate Director to join this dynamic community change organization. The mission of Trinity Boston Connects is to heal youth of color from the traumatic impact of systemic racism. We are looking for an individual who believes passionately in this mission and understands the necessity to address systemic racism from multiple angles.
If you are interested in working on a team that “walks-the-talk” and are seeking an opportunity to deepen and amplify the impact of our organization in the city of Boston for years to come, then please consider the following detailed description and apply!
We believe that healing the traumatic impact of systemic racism cannot take place without programmatic interventions that integrate three Community Practices: Trauma Inclusion, Restorative Justice, and Racial Equity. The integration of these practices forms the basis of our programming, including both our direct services for youth and our convening, training, and consulting work with other youth-serving organizations throughout the City of Boston.
Our Youth Development & Leadership Division integrates programs that create safe and supportive communities that inspire youth to develop the social-emotional learning (SEL) skills necessary for academic, life, and career success. These programs include Sole Train: Boston Runs Together, Trinity@McCormack, and Trinity Education for Excellence Program (TEEP) which together provide direct services to nearly 1,000 youth and families.
In addition, to truly heal the trauma, the communities in which our youth live, learn, and develop must also change. It is not enough to help young people navigate oppressive environments, we strive to help change the schools, institutions, and organizations within which our programs operate so that they in turn can be more supportive and nurturing of the youth they serve. To accomplish this, we develop and share best practices with other youth-serving organizations through our Trinity Boston Counseling Center and Organizational Equity Practice. We provide clinical services through TBCC, and through OEP we convene, train, coach, and consult with Boston youth-serving organizations to effect enduring change in the systems and organizations that impact an additional 15,000 youth and families.
TBC has a staff of 30 and an annual budget of over $3 million. Our revenue sources are divided roughly equally between grants from foundations and corporations, charitable contributions from
individuals, and from contracts, events, and Trinity Church grants designated for social justice work. TBC is governed by an independent 24-member Board of Directors.
The Associate Director of Clinical Care is a newly created opportunity for a clinician with experience working with youth and adults who support youth in programming who is ready to move into a leadership role. The Associate Director will lead the clinical training program and establish group therapy offerings to support youth workers. This position will report to the Director of Clinical Services.
Clinical Care Pathway
Collaborate with the Clinical Care Director to maintain the vision and further develop the scope of clinical work to ensure alignment with the organization’s mission and strategic plan
• Oversee the group therapy program within the Clinical Care Pathway o Develop a model of group therapy care specifically for adults who work with youth
• Further grow group practice as a revenue-generating program
• Maintain a clinical caseload of 8-10 clinical hours per week of individual and group therapy
• Partner with Clinical Care Director on clinical outcomes and evaluation of group programming
Clinical Care Training Program
• Oversee clinical internship program including recruitment, coordinating, and providing supervision, onboarding, overseeing curriculum, and program evaluation
• Maintain relationships with academic institutions and field advisors from various graduate schools staying current on supervision requirements
• Coordinate with program directors to identify training needs to support integrated learning and support partnerships
• Create regular training opportunities to support learning mindset and ongoing professional development of clinical staff
• Identify external professional development opportunities for clinical staff
• Coordinate and participate in organization-wide training related to mental health and wellness
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be a licensed LMHC, LICSW, PhD or PsyD in psychology with a current license to practice independently as a mental health professional in the state of Massachusetts
• Minimum of four years’ experience in individual and group psychotherapy with youth and families (preferred experience with youth & families of color)
• Experience providing clinical supervision, minimum of 2 years
• General management experience with projects and people
• Reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and experience in creating and implementing systems and processes
• Strong assessment and clinical writing skills
• Experience working with youth in urban settings
• Experience in maintaining HIPAA security & privacy practices and quality assurance
• Experience with cloud-based Case-Management Systems and/or Electronic Medical Records
• Generous Benefits including 5% 403b employer contribution and 4% employer match, 13 paid holidays, sick time, paid vacation
• 100% Employer Covered Health Coverage (No Employee Premium Payments)
• Flexibility in schedule to meet clinical hours
Please send a cover letter and resume to Asha Ragin, Clinical Director, Trinity Boston Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associated Director, Clinical Care” in the subject line. We will review applications on a rolling basis and conclude the search when we find a successful candidate.
TBC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, especially people of color.
© 2022 Trinity Boston Connects, Inc. | All Rights Reserved