TEAM TRINITY: BOSTON MARATHON
Thank You Team Trinity 2022
We want to send a special shout out to the 2022 Team Trinity Boston Marathon finishers for raising nearly $100k! The 2022 team was the most diverse group in recent years which comprised 10 charity members, three invitational bib members, and a qualified runner. Members were fully committed to the mission of TBC and our Sole Train program. THANK YOU 2022 Team Trinity for running, finishing, and raising funds in the spirit of our racial healing work.
support our 2023 team!
Trinity Boston Connects (TBC) is proud to be part of the Official B.A.A. Boston Marathon Charity program. These entries give runners who were ineligible or unable to obtain a qualifying timed entry for the Boston Marathon through B.A.A. an opportunity to participate.
In addition to applying for one of our 10 charity bibs, we welcome qualified and invitational runners who have secured their own entry from the B.A.A. and are already entered into the 2023 Boston Marathon. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds (racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds) to apply to Team Trinity. TBC will review each application with an equitable lens, particularly relative to fundraising goals and composing a diverse team and look for applicants who demonstrate a strong connection to our mission.
The 127th Boston Marathon will be taking place on April 17, 2023. To apply for the opportunity to join the team please read through the details and requirements listed below.
benefits of team membership
• Official entry into the 2023 Boston Marathon
• Training support and access to experienced marathon running coach, John Furey
• Personalized fundraising support and guidance
• Team Trinity race singlet
• Access to a veteran Team Trinity Mentor
• Virtual Team Trinity Kick-off meeting
• Opportunities to get involved in Sole Train or TEEP programming
• Opportunities for Team Trinity runners to stay connected post-race
• Assistance with marathon weekend logistics and Team Trinity Party
• Monthly Team Trinity calls
• TBC Toolkit and Social Media content
• Complimentary invitation for two to the Bostonians for Youth gala
For runners using a charity race entry provided by Trinity Boston Connects:
• $8,500 required fundraising minimum
• $370 race entry fee (amount set by the B.A.A. and is subject to change.)
• $100 application processing and gear (partially covered) fee payable to Trinity Boston Connects.
For time-qualified runners or those who have secured their own race entry:
• $3,000 suggested fundraising minimum
Questions? Contact Daisy Guzman, Associate Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
application submission process
• Plan on 20-30 minutes to complete the application, plus some additional time to compile your anticipated fundraising plan.
• Provide complete answers. Tell us as much as possible about what being a Team Trinity member would mean to you. The more you explain about how your personal inspiration will translate into fundraising success, the better!
• Be specific about your plans for reaching your personal fundraising minimum. How do you expect to raise funds and what categories of potential donors will you contact? Remember, the required fundraising minimum for our charity runners is $8,500. We hope that you consider setting your goal higher!
application review & team selection process
• Please allow up to three weeks for a status update on your application. During this time, you may be contacted if we need more information or clarification about application answers.
• Please be prepared to schedule a 30-minute interview with TBC to discuss your application and fundraising plans.
• Please be patient with our response time. We are a small team, and the selection process is lengthy and in depth. It takes weeks to vet all applications, conduct interviews, and make our final selections.
• Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis. You will hear from us via email.
• We have a very limited number of race entries. Each application is personally reviewed by staff and considered individually. Key elements in the application include your personal fundraising goal, fundraising ideas, past fundraising experience and results, reason(s), and commitment for wanting to join Team Trinity, and thoroughness of application.
• Applications from Team Trinity alumni are also evaluated on past fundraising results and demonstrated success in exceeding the basic commitment, as well as adherence to the basic fundraising commitment deadline during each season of participation.
• A wait list will also be selected. If a team member withdraws from Team Trinity, a wait-listed runner will be invited to join the team.
• If you are wait-listed, we encourage you to start training in December to stay on pace with the training schedule, so you are ready to join the team. We would be deeply grateful if wait-listed runners also fundraised to support Team Trinity as a show of support and keen interest in Trinity Boston Connects’ mission. Should we call runners from the waitlist, priority will be given to wait-listed runners who have fundraised by that point in time.
• Applicants with their own official marathon entry (from the B.A.A. or other invitational source) will be accepted onto the Team Trinity roster upon confirmation of race entry.
© 2023 Trinity Boston Connects, Inc. | All Rights Reserved