COVID-19 PROGRAM UPDATES
School Year 2020-2021
• OEP welcomed 2 new staff members – Carro Hua and Danny Pang in March
• They concluded Equity 101, a 3 part racial equity training with over 40 attendees
• They are ending their 4th cohort of Senior leaders and Emerging Leaders in June, with 27 Senior Leaders and 20 Emerging Leaders this year
• OEP continues to hold monthly POC Tea Time, a support space for POC nonprofit workers
Organizational Equity Practice (OEP) continues to conduct all of its programming virtually. They have maintained all of their ongoing client work and continue to build new relationships with prospective clients. Intake is closed for OEP as they are currently at capacity, but weekly email requests for support are screened on an on-going basis.
• Monthly POC Tea Time: 10-20 participants, monthly
• Skills for Trauma Inclusive Leadership (November Workshop): 6 – 15 attendees
• September RELC: 50 attendees
• 4 Healthy Community Assessments were also conducted in 2020, 3 of which were for new organizations
OEP workshops continue online via Zoom. We’ve rolled out two new workshops to further support organizations and leaders through COVID-19.
Trauma Inclusion for Leaders Training: In the time of a global pandemic, leaders and others need skills to support the trauma that their employees and colleagues are experiencing. This 3–part training creates space for people to learn together and build skills to more effectively support the new normal we’re experiencing.
POC nonprofit check In: Because people of color are being more adversely impacted by coronavirus, and are often in lower positions in nonprofit spaces, we created a virtual space for people to come together, share, and strategize for support.
RELC and White Supremacy Culture 101 continue to be well attended online.
On Friday, 3-20-20, staff from 90 youth-serving orgs across Boston continued their racial equity learning by joining a RELC workshop on White Supremacy Culture attributes via Zoom. OEP offerings will convene via Zoom until further notice. Please continue to check our 2020 calendar (linked here) for upcoming workshops.
We successfully held RELLC Senior Leadership Workshop as part of the 10–month program via Zoom.
© 2022 Trinity Boston Connects, Inc. | All Rights Reserved